A commercial multi-lake development with a variety of different fishing experiences, Whitmore Fisheries (www.whitmorefisheries.co.uk), is located within half a mile from the park and is one of the North West’s premier day ticket fisheries and even has a lakeside cafe.
A Spar shop is located in the Shell petrol station ¾ mile away from the park which includes a Starbucks, Subway and Greggs. Excellent shopping can also be found in Kirkham only 3 miles away or nearby in Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes and the city of Preston only 7 miles away.
Morrisons and Aldi supermarkets can be found in Kirkham and a Tesco Superstore is only 10 minutes away off Junction 4 of the M55.
Pubs and Restaurants
An excellent selection of pubs and restaurants are within ¾ mile of the site such as:
- The Eagle & Child (English).
- Vittorias (Italian).
- Ashiana (Indian)
- The Kingfisher Tavern (Brewers Fayre).
There are also various takeaway restaurants are located 3 miles away in Kirkham.
- There are selection of golf courses within driving distance such as:
- Garstang Golf & Country Club, Garstang (Tel. 01995-600100)
- Stanley Park, Blackpool (Tel. 01253-396683).
- Royal Lytham, Lytham St Annes, http://www.royallytham.org/ (01253-724206),
- St Annes Old Links, http://www.stannesoldlinks.com/ (01253-723597)
- Lytham Green Drive, http://www.lythamgreendrive.co.uk/Lytham (01253-737390).
A public swimming baths is located in Kirkham 3 miles away.
- Wednesday – Great Eccleston (5 miles away)
- Thursday – Kirkham (3 miles away)
- Thursday – Garstang (8 Miles away)
Car Boot Sales
During the summer and weather permitting:
- SATURDAY – One of the largest car boot sales in Lancashire is held 1 mile away from the park. A short walk through the country lanes could lead to some bargain purchases.
- SUNDAY – Two of the LARGEST car boot sales in Lancashire are held nearby. The first is again just 1 mile away from the park near Junction 3 of the M55 and is easy to walk to. The second is just off junction 4 of the M55 (the next junction down heading towards Blackpool). This is only a 10 minute drive away. Both events have parking on site.
There are some lovely walks in the local area with several public footpaths that can take you across the fields in the heart of the countryside. For the more adventurous the Trough of Bowland, Pendle Hill and Beacon Fell are only a 40 minute drive away and the Lake District only 50 minutes away.